Passionate about emotional development
Thrive is a specific way of working with all children that helps to develop their social and emotional well-being, enabling them to engage positively with life and learning. It supports them in becoming more self- assured, capable and adaptable. Positive relationships are at the heart of Thrive. We use these relationships, together with play and creative activities, to give children key experiences at each different stage of their development. Repetition of these activities supports their development, helping them to:
- feel good about themselves and know that they matter
- increase their sense of security and trust
- increase their emotional well-being
- improve their capacity to be creative and curious
- increase their self-esteem and confidence to learn
- learn to recognise and regulate their feelings
- learn to think before behaving in a certain way
...and much more.
At Littlegreen Academy, children are assessed based on their personal social and emotional well-being. Using this data and other information about the child, activities and strategies are implemented to ensure their social and emotional needs are being met within teaching and learning. Every child has a weekly THRIVE session to ensure holistic needs are being met.
If you would like further information on The THRIVE Approach, please go to: www.thriveapproach.com
Alternatively, you can speak to our THRIVE practitioners: Hannah Davis, Jo Howard, Pierre Neollier and Laura King.