The autolist folder DINNER_MENUS/AUTUMN_2021 does not exist or has been moved.
The autolist folder DINNER_MENUS/SPRING_2022 does not exist or has been moved.
Free School Meals
The autolist folder DINNER_MENUS/SUMMER_2022 does not exist or has been moved.
Free School Meals
From September 2014 all children in reception, year 1 and year 2 in state-funded schools in England receive a free school meal. The government made this decision after a recommendation in the School Food Plan.
Free school meals will also continue to be available to pupils (including infants) whose parents receive certain benefits and who are registered to receive one. We encourage all parents who are in receipt of these benefits to register even when their child is in foundation, year 1 and 2 as this will allow the school to claim pupil premium which is then used to directly benefit their child in school.
Did you know that if your child is registered as eligible for free school meals, the school receives a pupil premium payment of £1,345 per year? The school receives this payment whether or not your child has the school dinner. This premium is used by the school to organise additional opportunities, which directly benefit your child. No one will know you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
Free school meals in all West Sussex maintained and free schools and academies are available to pupils in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of, one or more of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of state Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
If you think your child may be entitled to Free School Meals you can apply direct to West Sussex Council by clicking the button below