Character, Culture and Careers
Character and Culture Education at Littlegreen Academy will give students the knowledge, skills, and attributes they need to keep themselves healthy and safe and to prepare them for life and work in the modern world.
Character and Culture is a subject through which students develop the knowledge, skills and attributes they need to manage their lives, now and in the future in an ever-changing society, to think critically and to reflect on their own morals and ethical viewpoints.
These transferable skills and attributes help students to stay healthy, safe and prepare them for life and work beyond the classroom in the modern world.
- The curriculum and the experiences aim to develop our pupils in 21st Century citizens
- Build a strong foundation in knowledge, understanding and key skills which lead to being able to make changes
- The programme will equip our pupils with the confidence and commitment to strive in a subject or hobby they are passionate about
- Every pupil has an appreciation of the school and British values, cultural respect, the society they are a part of and its diversity
- Developing each pupils’ SMSC attributes and giving a valuable careers education in line with the Gatsby Benchmarks
- The curriculum is planned to enable all pupils to develop skills in the following areas:
- Pupil Voice & Making Changes
- Careers & Aspirations
- Values & Culture
- Democracy in Britain
- Community Issues
- Worldwide Views & Beliefs
- The curriculum is bespoke to each class; it includes teaching through lessons, assemblies, pupil voice, ACTion Teams and extra-curricular activities.
- To ensure we are meeting our curriculum aims we will regularly share progress through presentations and Earwig
Pupils enjoy their time in school, achieve in their learning and are compassionate, confident and courageous 21st Century citizens in the future